Thursday, June 19, 2003

Tuesday's This or That...
1. Newspapers or magazines? ehh. I only read the comics page in the newspaper and I only read trashy magazine articles like "1,362 Ways to Wow Your Man". I like to laugh.
2. Books-on-tape or regular books? Regular books. You can only listen to a book on tape when you are near a devise for playing it. I like to read everywhere. I listen to music in the car. It all works out.
3. Paperback or hardcover? Even though my dad thinks it is sacrilegious, I actually prefer paperbacks. They are lighter and smaller. Easier to carry everywhere.
4. Fiction or non-fiction? Fiction. Although every once in a while I get a hankering for some historical gossip. That's what all those books about Queen Elizabeth or Rasputin or Prince Charles are all about anyway, right?
5. Sci-Fi/Fantasy or romance novels? Depends on the kind of sci-fi. I am just not smart enough for the really hard-core stuff that my hubby and father like. I read anything that has a good (or even remotely good) storyline and makes me relate in some way to the characters. I don't like it when my lack of mathematical and scientific knowledge gets in the way of that.
6. Borrow from library or buy books (either new or used)? Borrow or buy used. I rarely buy books new and NEVER for full price. Barnes and Noble is evil.
7. Subscribe to magazines or buy on newsstand? The few mags we read, we get through subscriptions. We read The Writer, The Sun, and Quick Cooking. Oh wait - not The Sun. I didn't renew and now I regret it.
8. Current best-sellers or classic literature? Whatever catches me eye at any given moment. I'll read shampoo bottles if that's what's available.
9. Read books once, or re-read favorites every so often? Re-read!!! I have read The Princess Bride about 15 times. I have read just about anything from Stephen King at least 3 times, some more (The Stand and It, my favorites, are more like 5 or 6).
10. Here in the U.S., we have two hot best-sellers...former First Lady Hillary Clinton's memoirs, and the new Harry Potter book (coming out June 21). If you had to read one, which one...Hillary or Harry? Why? Harry. He's a character I can respect.

No comments: