Monday, June 30, 2003

I am not a big fan of celebrities. I don't care who J-Lo is dating, what size Britney's boobs are, or whether Bruce Willis is mad at Ashton Kutcher for dating Demi. I enjoy watching movies and television, but I know that they aren't real. As much as I admired Spike's heroic selflessness in the last episode of Buffy, I realize that James Marsters will go on to other characters.

That being said, there have been a few famous people to truly gain my respect and admiration. Katharine Hepburn was one of these people. Ms. Hepburn died yesterday at the age of 96. Throughout her life she played a strong-willed woman who knew what she wanted and wasn't afraid to go for it - both onscreen and off. She lived life to the fullest, played by her own rules and treated others with respect - all things I am more than willing to look up to her for. Peace be with you, Katharine Hepburn.

Other tributes to Ms. Hepburn say it so much better than I can...
Because I Say So! comments on the sad state of the world today.
Ain't Too Proud to Blog and Confessions of a Grade School Role Model share their sorrow.

No comments: