Saturday, June 21, 2003

This morning my mom got married. I have been having a very hard time with the whole thing. Not only am I having a hard time adjusting to this new situation, but I am missing an opportunity to help her and shoulder some of her responsibility. Those of you who know me, know how important it is for me to be the helper. Despite my weeks of angst leading up to this day I am not wallowing in depression and self-pity today as I expected. Instead, I am being happy for her. I am glad that she is in such a good place right now. And rather than sitting here worrying about what might happen in the future, I am celebrating the joy and excitement of the day. My mom is happy and that makes me happy. I just talked to her on the phone and I was able to honestly congratulate her. I didn't have to pretend or cover up my feelings out of fear of hurting her. That is a good thing. I still wish I were there helping her. I know my mom and I know that she is not going to be able to just sit back and let others do things for her today. That's my mom. And I love her.

No comments: