Saturday, June 07, 2003

The field trip went well. The kid got to hear about and do many things that pioneer children would have experienced. There was singing, toy-making, tin-smithing, hay-wagoning, laundry washing and don't forget the obligitory visit to the gift shop. A splendid time was had by all. Well, except for the near fainting on my part. A combination of a small breakfast, heat, extra activity, a chest cold and a late lunch had my blood sugar doing funny things. First, I felt really nauseated and then I got incredibly dizzy and cold. I was able to sit down soon enough so that I didn't fall down and after eating some of my sandwich I felt much better. Of course, then I felt stupid for the rest of the trip because everyone kept asking me if I was okay. Ugh. I hate that. Not the caring on their part, but the scene causing on my part. Oh well.

No comments: