Thursday, May 16, 2002

Bleh. On days like these I should just turn off the alarm clock, pull the covers over my head and sleep until it is over. Bleh.

On a brighter note, I have discovered latent psychic abilities in myself. This morning I thought to myself, "Self, it is NOT a good idea to wear your favorite, new, white shirt to work at a preschool. You are asking for trouble." Low and behold! I was asked to go into the infant room and feed a small tyke his strained carrots. He wasn't thrilled about them and, as small tykes often do, managed to get them all over his hands, his face and my favorite, new, white shirt. I am psychic! Or is it just that I have a shred of common sense, even if I choose not to use it? Whatever. Later, I got home and had the thought that my future aunt and uncle-in-law were there for a surprise visit. Turns out they weren't. But they had been there earlier in the day. For a surprise visit. I am psychic. Or just paranoid! Now we have lots of sweet things to munch on because Kakey can't stop by without food, even though she knows we are dieting. Yum!

The rest of the day is a cranky, loud, preschool filled blur that I would rather not go into. Suffice it to say that I am still alive, no one was hurt and I am still planning on going back tomorrow. So how bad could it really be?

No comments: