Friday, May 24, 2002

A brief interlude to comment of the more serious thoughts relating to my birthday...

Here I am a year older and hopefully a year's worth of wiser. Although I can't say that this has been the easiest year that I have dealt with, it was by no means the hardest and it has actually been one of the best. I hesitate to label it the best year ever since I have very little memory of my earliest years (i think they were pretty damn good!) but this has been a fabu year. I have deepened my relationship with one of the greatest people in the world...my Mikey. I have a new house and, unlike all those apartments I used to live in, it is a home. I have made new friends and gotten to know my new family members. I have learned so much - from cooking to teaching to dealing with my parents as fellow grown ups. I have been healthy and happy and I can't begin to be as greatful as I should be for all of this.

This post is for whatever higher being there might be out there...i assume that you know how to use the internet! Thank you so very much for everything that has come together to make my life the beautiful thing that it is. I have no idea how I got so lucky or how long this luck might last, but for this minute I am overwhelmed with joy and peace. May I always be thankful and may I always work hard to deserve all that I receive. Thank you.

And thank you to all the people in my life. My family, my friends, my siblings, my parents, my Mikey, my teachers, my coworkers...all of you. I couldn't possibly be so happy without all of you shining your lights into my life. I hope that I can at least begin to repay you all. "When the world is night, Shine my life like a light" Indigo Girls

No comments: