Saturday, May 18, 2002

It is Saturday! Just that small fact ensures that I am going to have a good day. And the fact that I don't have to go back to the preschool any time soon doesn't hurt much! Today we are going down to San Diego to rent party things for my wedding - chairs, tables, tableclothes, trellis, etc. - and so that I can eat at my favorite place. The Olive Garden! They have one planned for Temecula, but since it isn't built yet it's difficult to get reservations. I am so excited! This is really the last big step in planning the wedding. I am so ahead of the game! I am really glad that this has been easy and fun. No stress at all.

Deep thought for the day...brought to you by Jonatha Brooks...

"I might be crazy, I might be blind, but I might love you more than my life." This phrase had me thinking "No way." I have always been proud of my ability to not get myself into the kinds of relationships she is talking about in that song...the ones were you are spending so much time thinking about the other person and what they want that you completely ignore or deny your own needs and wants. The kind of relationship that quickly becomes abusive and one-sided. I know that it is not good for me, my significant others, or our relationships to be in that kind of co-dependent, passive, unbalanced situation. I thought "there is no way I would give up on myself for some guy." But immediately I thought of a dozen different situations where I would gladly give up my own life if it meant saving Mikey. Or anyone in my family. I would take a bullet to save a parent from pain. I would trade myself for my siblings or my niece/nephew in a dangerous situation. I would offer my own body to house an illness if it meant that Mikey would be healthy. There are lots of people I love more than my life. I hope they know who they are.

On the other hand, I saw a pamphlet the other day about a family that was asking anyone and everyone to call them if they were interested in being a lung donor for their young son who has Cystic Fibrosis. I felt sorry for the boy and I wish them luck finding someone but I couldn't imagine doing it myself. I am too selfish. I want to play and work and go on my honeymoon and I felt a little guilty that those things had a higher priority to me than the life of a human, even if it was someone I didn't know.

Enough sad...now happy. My kitties are REALLY cute. They have these strong personalities and they are almost like people to us. We know what kind of mood they are in and we understand what they are saying and we are happy little family with them both. My life has been so enriched by having my two adorable babies! I will end on that happy note. Have a good weekend!

No comments: