Sunday, May 26, 2002

"Silence has become our only currency. You pay me and I'll be sure to pay you back." Jonatha Brooks
(this is the tape I have playing in my car these days, hence all the quotes)

It is so hard to keep communication up when it is one sided. I don't know about you but for me it all boils down to rejection. Either fear of being rejected when you reach out and attempt to re-build the communication or the feelings of rejection that come when you feel that someone has been lax in communicating with you. I guess it depends of who you feel is to blame.

All my life I have dealt with communication issues. I guess that is a given when you come from a "broken home". (I always thought that was a stupid phrase. Makes it sound like there is no way to recover from a divorce.) But when you have parental units in several different states it is difficult to keep the communication flowing properly. It is a balancing act. Even more so now than when I was a kid. Communication is hard.

No comments: