Thursday, May 23, 2002

I am not working today so my goal is to post here several times commenting on all the little things I have thought about in the last few days without having time to write them down. We'll see how it goes. Because my other goal is to get the house all cleaned up and put into perfect order so that I do't have to lift a finger tomorrow! This girl likes to make the most of her birthday! I am also going to figure out how to get comments posted on here if it is the last thing I do!

So what have I been thinking about these days? Can't remember. How sad. Oh well. I did realize that every aspect of my life is done the same way. My house, my teaching, my driving, my relationships...I do everything with basically the same formula. Figure out what is coming up, plan for it, prep everything as much as possible and be ready for the unexpected. I was driving and noticed that on my way to and from work, whereever that may be on any given day, I have the whole route planned out in my head and I am in the right lane as soon as it is available. I watching for crazy drivers (of which there are plenty around here!) and construction and whatever else might be around. Now if you ask Mikey I am paying attention to too many things at once and I am a scary driver (sometimes not paying attention to what he thinks is most important - the driver ahead of me) but I have been able to avoid accidents because I was watching the guy next to me or the kid on the sidewalk or whatever. AND I rarely get lost anymore. Anyway, the point is I run most of my life that way...plan, prep, be prepared. I know that is nothing special but I was surprised to see such a constant thread in what seems to me to be a hectic, chaotic existence most of the time!

No comments: