Saturday, May 25, 2002

It's not nearly as fun the second time around...lets see what I can remember...

I was driving in a car with my mom and siblings. Mom stopped to use the bathroom at a mall and told my brothers, who were very young, to stay in their seatbelts in the front seat. I was in the back nearly asleep. I heard them get out of the car and run across the lane of traffic next to us. I woke up and chased them back into the car which had turned into one of those little battery-operated Jeep things that kids have. One of my brothers was now 15 and demanded to drive so I let him. It was icy and he said "so the trick to winter driving is to figure out which part of the car is safest to hit things with, right?" Eventually he ran into a building and I made him move over. By this time I can't open my eyes (a re-occuring theme for me...not being able to see) but I drive anyway. We are stopped at a red light and when I hear others start to go I do too. We start going up Soo Hill (a big hill in my home town) but the little Jeep can't do it, so I am walking/pushing it up the hill and I realize that it has turned into a motor bike with all my siblings on the back. Then I woke up.

I am really wondering right now what exactly does it mean that I am trying to win a race with my siblings on an ever shrinking vehicle? Weird. I think a therapist would have a field day with this dream. There are all kinds of references to things that I worry about and events in my life. Most of them are pretty vague but Brooks, if you are reading this - that was YOU driving. You are giving me nightmares! Slow down!!!!

That's it...I think I am going to try to write down more dreams and see what they tell us about my twisted little mind! : ) Peace!

No comments: