Sunday, May 19, 2002

My mother has migraine headaches. She gets them all the time and they are always really bad. But she works and she goes on with her plans most of the time as if nothing is happening. She goes to dinner even though she knows she may end up in the bathroom throwing up. She pushes on because she knows that if she stops every time her head hurts she would never get to live her life.
I have headaches too. Not nearly as often and not nearly as bad (it has been a long time since I had one that made me throw up) but even a low grade ache can be so hard on my day. All weekend I have had a headache that hasn't really stopped me from doing anything but has managed to take the fun out of everything I have tried. I even called and cancelled my job for tomorrow because I don't want to be responsible for students when I am feeling so ucky.
I was talking to my grandma and she told me that she has only had a few headaches in her entire life. That is a mind boggling concept to me. I have had several headaches a week for as long as I can remember. I wonder what is typical. Do most people have regular aches or are most people brain-pain free? For everyone else's sake I hope that no pain is the norm!

No comments: