Monday, January 13, 2003

I feel so housewifish. I made a gourmet lunch today. I was looking through my recipe box and found my mom's recipe for Chicken Paprikash. As usual, seeing the recipe made me hungry for it so I found the dumpling recipe that goes with it and got cooking. Lunch was yummy paprikash chicken with sour cream - paprika gravy and dumplings. Delish. Then I cleaned the kitchen and made crispie treats. Can't get much more housewifey than that!!! Of course, these aren't REGULAR crispie treats. Anyone who is stuck in the rut of only making crispie treats out of rice crispies is a sad person indeed. The batch I made the other day were from corn flakes and m&m's. This batch is mostly corn flakes with a couple cups of Strawberry Honey Bunches of Oats. And a little red food coloring to keep up the theme. Yum. Yum. Yum. This is all a reward for Mikey for fixing my blog. He's a good guy.

No comments: