Friday, January 24, 2003

This week's Friday Five...

1. What is one thing you don't like about your body?
(I could go with the usual "my tummy isn't as flat as I would like" speech, but since that is MY OWN DAMN FAULT, I thought I would go another route.)
I am not crazy about my nose. When I was in high school someone made a very innocent comment about it's size and I have never looked at it the same since. It's not that I hate it. It's just that I always wonder...if that one person thought it was less than perfect, what is everyone else thinking?

2. What are two things you love about your body?
I really like my hair. If I were to admit to being vain about anything, that would be it. People have always told me how nice it was and it's kind of gone to my head! : )

I also like my feet. I think they are cute. Not in a fetish sort of way, but I am not ashamed to walk around barefoot, showing off my piggy toes to the world.

3. What are three things you want to change about your home?
This is easy. First, I would add ceiling fans in the bedroom and dining room. Then, I would add some built in bookshelves in several of the rooms. And finally, I would magically find extra space to add onto my kitchen. (This is really my first wish, but since it is really not possible in this realm of reality, I left it for last.)

4. What are four books you want to read this year?
The next Dark Tower book by Stephen King. (If I could read the whole rest of the series, I would be in heaven!)
.....
Wow. This is hard. I honestly don't know. I will think on it.

5. What are five promises you have kept to yourself?
I promised that I would lose weight for my wedding. I did. (And mostly kept it off, even!)
I promised that I would let my parents deal with their own issues. I am. (Mostly.)
I promised that I would be a teacher. I am.
I promised that I would some day get over the failed long-term relationship. I did.
I promised to do something just for me that I have always been interested in. I am. (Tai Chi)

No comments: