Sunday, January 25, 2004

Jungle Fever

My backyard has gradually become more and more jungle-like since the beginning of school. At my house I am the only one who really enjoys doing yardwork (I like my powertools!) and when I am too busy to do it, the yard does what comes naturally - GROW. Today I decided that if I didn't get those papers graded for another week it wouldn't be the end of the world, but if I didn't take back some of my yard from the grass and pepper trees I might never get it back again. A couple of hours of physical labor and my yard is once again safe for small children. It feels good. It looks good. I hope it last for a little while at least. Next weekend - the rosebush gets it.

I am seriously thinking about looking into a yard service. Maybe after we have our backyard redone. We will never be able to sell with things looking this way. Not that we are planning to sell anytime soon. But someday...

No comments: