Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Substitute Angel

Thank goodness for substitute teachers. Especially mine. I was able to enjoy my observation day without any worrying because I knew my class was in good hands. When I don't know the sub, I worry if they are being too mean or too lax or too weird. (There are some REALLY strange people out there!) Today I knew that my sub would be friendly, but firm and that she would try to get everything on the schedule done without being a taskmaster. The best part is that she is also available to fill in for me tomorrow when I am taking a sick day.

I still feel like crap and I want to sleep in and rest all day long tomorrow. I know that I will end up feeling guilty for not being there, so I brought home a TON of correcting and paperwork that I will do in front of the television in-between naps. I figure it is better to stay home and recover today than to try to work and lose my just now returning voice and possibly a couple of days. Besides - I have earned a mental health day if nothing else.

No comments: