Saturday, January 10, 2004

OneWord

I thought the movie I watched last night was going to haunt my sleep. For some reason, while watching Jeepers Creepers, I got really freaked out. It was to the point that I couldn't finish watching the movie, but I couldn't bear to leave the room and lie alone in my bedroom while Mikey finished it. He was enjoying it. I basically curled up in a fetal ball facing the back of the couch with my head in his lap and my shoulder scrunched up so that it would block out most of the sound. Then I forced myself to think about other things.

When it was finally over (I did roll over for the last couple of minutes.) I snuggled safely under the covers with Mikey and thought briefly about leaving the light on. I decided I was tired enough that I wouldn't have to worry about it. I have never liked horror flicks, but I have never had one affect me that way. I mostly dislike them for their campy-ness and horrific plots. When in the right mood, I don't LOVE them, but I have been known to watch voluntarily. This one just plain creeped me out. I'm sure the makers would be thrilled.

No comments: