Monday, September 20, 2004

Can't Laugh, Can't Throw Something...

So what the hell are you supposed to do when THIS happens?

A student was having a hard time buckling down to his writing assignment so I said, "I want to see pencil to paper!" When I looked over, I saw that he had the tip of his pencil pressed to the middle of his paper. Now, although I could tell that this was blatant defiance, I chose to ignore it. Instead, I encouraged further, "I want to see you write, Bob!" I watched as he wrote something in tiny letters at the top of his paper. When I walked over it was confirmed that he had, in fact, written "BOB".

Dammit.

It ticked me off that he was being so defiant, but a little part of me was a little bit impressed by his refusal to cave to authority. I still made him finish the assignment though.

No comments: