Saturday, September 18, 2004

What Goes Around, Comes Around

Wow. I was never worried about the monetary aspect of donating a kidney. On the practical side, we made sure we could afford it. I checked on my available sick leave, and Mikey checked on our finances. We would have dipped slightly into our savings, but we could definitely afford it. On the more spiritual side, I figure that what you give comes back to you ten-fold (can you imagine? 10 kidneys?), so I knew that no matter what, things would work out for the best.

Now I don't have to worry at all, because my aunt and uncle have offered to cover the costs of flying and housing during the testing and surgery. Since my cousin's insurance is covering everything else, we aren't going to have any trouble at all. Wow. It is amazing how generous people can be. Thanks muchly, Paul and Lynn! :)

No comments: