Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Vampire Lady

Yesterday morning I stopped at the lab before school to have my blood drawn. Although all we needed was three small vials, I left with two puncture holes and two bruised elbows. (Is the inside of your elbow still called your elbow?) The vampire who drew my blood failed to impress me much, what with the talking on her cell phone, digging around in my arm with the needle, telling me I should ship the results myself ("There's a UPS store just across the street. It wouldn't take you long." Like I wanted to walk in with a box marked "Attention - Human Blood"! And of course, she was still charging me for the handling.), losing the vacuum seal in the vials, and all. Eventually, it got done, it got shipped, and I got bandaged up and on my way.

Now I just sit and wait. I hate that.

No comments: