Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Spooooooooky.

Friday night, I had a dream that I was wandering up and down the halls of a large, meandering building looking for my best bud from school (We'll call her "D"). I was desperate to find her because she was supposed to give me a kidney (gee, i wonder where that is coming from...) and I couldn't find her anywhere. Near the end of the dream, I was just wandering up and down the halls yelling her name in a sad, forlorn little voice. I turned a corner, and there she was, lying in a hospital bed with her hubby by her side and a newborn in her arms. As I woke up, I thought, "Well, of course she can't give me a kidney. She's having a baby."

Monday morning, "D" came into my room, all aglow, saying that she had news she couldn't keep a secret any longer. Yup. She's due in April. I wonder if I will be able to forsee the sex of the baby, too? :)

*Interesting Sidenote*
Although I maintain my belief that we should not have kids, I have to admit that there was an INTENSE rush of maternal longing for about 30 seconds after she told me. All I could think was how fun it would be to share the experience with her. Then I came to my senses. I have told her that I am going to experience pregnancy vicariously through her. So if I start to act crazy, blame it on the hormones.

No comments: