Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Go Between

You would think that the people who do transplants for a living would have a good grasp on what you need to do to prepare for one. You might even suspect that they know what problems or questions will pop up along the way and be able to warn you of them or possibly even steer you around them. You would think.

Instead of getting my appointment made after being on hold for 15 minutes yesterday, I found out that I need an order form telling what particular kind of urine collection is needed. I would guess that this is a nation-wide thing. There probably aren't very many labs around the country who will do lab work for the fun of it. So, why wasn't this mentioned when I asked "So how do I go about getting this urine collection done?"

So, here I am, awaiting yet another call-back from the coordinator, who (because of the time zone difference) always manages to call at the most inopportune times, and getting antsy because nothing is getting done. I thought this would be the easy part.

No comments: