Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Odds and Ends

*I never thought I would be a coffee-shop regular. But I find myself hitting the Old Pacific Coffee place more and more often these days. They have smoothies that are just devine and on Sunday they only cost $2.00. ($3.95 on a regular day, but if you buy 10 you get one free.)

*Our class fish have now been named. In fact, this afternoon, when the PRINCIPAL came in to talk with a student, she found all the kids sitting ON TOP OF their desks while we discussed the merits of different names. I just hope (and I am pretty confident) that she understands the worth of this kind of thing. (And that I do occasionally discuss academic things!) Anyway, the fish are now named: the blue one is Sharky, the yellow one is Bubbles, and the orange one is...get this...Little Porkchop. And I was worried that I wouldn't like the names. I should have known better.

*I know have Making The Grade on my laptop as well as my computer at school, making grading and recording a snap. Loverly.

*It is hotter than "anything in the world" (Mikey's lame metaphor, not mine) here in Temecula these days.

No comments: