Saturday, July 10, 2004

Can I get a "Whoop- Whoop" ??

I have finished the collection of completely useless classes I am taking to make myself a CLAD certified teacher. Don't get me wrong - I think multiculturalism is vitally important, especially in the classroom - but this series of classes was a total waste of my time. It was 120 hours (4 classes X 10 tapes X 3 hours) of repetitive platitudes like "learning a second language is hard" and "teachers need to be understanding of cultural differences". DUH. Do people really need to be taught this???

The first class in the series actually had a bunch of technical information and helped me learn the lingo of CLAD, and the last class contained several guest speakers and presentations of cultural art/dancing/music, but the rest of it was a waste of time. When the teacher wasn't repeating what she had already said, she was padding her time with "um"s and "ah, well"s. Blech.

At least I am done and I can have CLAD certification on my resume now. And it takes me one step closer to being a "qualified teacher" under the No Child Left Behind joke. Stupid bureaucrats and their freakin' hoops.

No comments: