Saturday, July 17, 2004

Shake it, Baby!

As you know, we are both vegetarian AND working out regularly at the gym.  Because of these two things I was convinced to try a protein shake - something I had previously shunned as appropriate only for muscle-heads.  We discovered that our local Orchards sells protein powder in bulk for a fairly reasonable price (comparatively - have you ever noticed how much people will pay for that stuff?), so I bought some and looked up protein drink recipes.  I have several, but my favorite is quite simple and perfect for a hot summer day...
 
Master Shake
In a blender, combine
  • 10 oz of orange juice
  • 4-5 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
  • 1/2 ripe banana (the riper it is, the more potassium it gives you)
  • 1 cup ice
Mix well.
Add
  • 1 scoop of protein powder.
Mix well - you want the ice to be broken to smoothie texture, but not melted.
Enjoy.

No comments: