Sunday, July 25, 2004

Time for a Station Break

The hubby and I will be going on a mini-vacation for our 2 year anniversary (the COTTON anniversary) this week.  He is finally taking me on the long promised adventure into San Luis Obispo, where he attended college at Cal Poly.  We have already created a huge list of things we plan to do, see, and eat.  As we are going to be driving ourselves up there, I am packing a picky-nicky basket AND a cooler full of goodies. 

Today, I spend the day doing those "we're going away" chores.  The bathrooms are clean, the garbage taken out, the kitty potties tidied up.  Tomorrow, I have a gazillion errands to run, including getting a pre-paid internet card (No more lying to AOL - how cool is THAT?), handing the keys over to our wonderful cat/house sitter, buying the perishable goodies for the cooler, and whatever else pops up.  Then, Tuesday, we get up at the crack of dawn (or as near as possible) to begin our journey.  Hoorah!

I will not be posting at all until after the 30th.  I will be home for one whole day, and I will be headed off on my second big adventure for the summer, my trip to MN.  I will be there for two weeks.  I will only be posting if I have minutes left on my pre-paid card, I find the time, AND I feel like it.  So there.  Please check in occasionally, but don't expect anything special until after the 15th of August.  Then, I promise to post many facination things about my preparations for and introductions to my new class.  Hoorah, again!

Until then, have a wonderful August and don't forget to be nice to your neighbors.  Peace be with you.

No comments: