Thursday, July 15, 2004

Puzzling Times

Mikey and I have spent quite a bit of time doing puzzles lately.  For some reason, once we start one, we become obsessed with finishing it.  It is impossible to walk past the makeshift table (a former cabinet door laid across two TV tables) without trying to put in at least one piece, and it is impossible to put in one piece without trying for more.  The only problem, besides cats napping and chewing on the pieces, is that it is very anti-climactic.  One you fill in that last spot, there is nothing left to do but take it apart and put it back in the box.  I guess we could leave them out for awhile, but there isn't much point.  I have seen people mount and frame finished puzzles...but that always seemed a tad wacky to me.  Not to mention that it means you can never to that puzzle again.  Oh well.  I guess I will undo the hours of work we just finished and get ready to do another one.  It is a sickness, you know.  :)

No comments: