Wednesday, July 21, 2004

You started that book yesterday, and it's, like, 800 pages.**

That is what Mikey said when I finished Song of Susannah.  I read from 6 pm last night until just after midnight.  I woke up this morning and picked up where I left off, stopping only momentarily throughout the day.  I couldn't stop reading.  The story constantly pulls me along, demanding that I read just one more page, promising amazing revelations just around the corner.  And BOY did it deliver.

I am not going to say anything more.  I don't want to tell anyone (Yes, that means YOU, Mikey.) anything that would make the story less surprising.  All I will say is that I can't imagine what it must have taken to write this book.  That's all.  If you read it, you will understand.  If you don't, then it doesn't matter to you anyway.

Oh.  I will say one more thing.  Even if you think you don't like Stephen King - even if you think you don't like horror - you should read this book.  It is something else. 

**It's actually only about 400 pages.  Nothing compared to some of King's big books.

No comments: