Saturday, September 28, 2002

I am adding to my young adult book collection slowly. So far I am choosing only books that I think all kids should read...not just ones that are fun or might be interesting...those come later when I have a little extra cash. So far I have...

Adv. of Huck Finn - Mark Twain
Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret. - Judy Blume (can't say this fits the criteria 100%...it's been a long time...i have to re-read it)
Charlotte's Web - EB White
Harriet the Spy - Louise Fitzhugh
Island of the Blue Dolphins - Scott O'Dell
Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
My Side of the Mountain - Jean Craighead George
Where the Red Fern Grows - Wilson Rawls
The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle

There are so many more that I want to get, but this is a pretty good start, I think.
Books make me happy. I want to share that with kids. I want to show them that books should and can be read for enjoyment. That even if you have a million other interests...books are fun and interesting and entertaining and exciting. I love books.

No comments: