Thursday, September 05, 2002

I've seen this all over the place...let's see how long this takes me...

100 Things About Me

1. I am 24.
2. I have been married for 1 month and 1 week.
3. I met my husband online.
4. I have 1 sister and 2 brothers.
5. I don't see them often enough.
6. My cats are named Huzzah and Pizzazz.
7. I am a substitute teacher.
8. I have known I wanted to be a teacher since I was in elementary school.
9. I learned to read when I was three.
10. I used to read by the light of the fishtank after I was put to bed.
11. I have worn glasses since I was about 8.
12. My first pair were pink plastic.
13. I don't want to have kids.
14. My father wishes I would change my mind and make him a grandfather.
15. I have many parents.
16. My mother is a doctor.
17. My father works with computers.
18. They were divorced before I was a year old.
19. My mother remarried shortly after that.
20. My dad (step) is a musician and a teacher.
21. They are in the process of divorcing.
22. My father remarried when I was 8.
23. My step-mother is a pastor.
24. She is not evil, but we like to joke that she is.
25. They recently had a foreign exchange student stay with them for a year.
26. It's a good thing he was so cool, because I wasn't keen on sharing.
27. I went to Kauai for 10 days.
28. If I had to live somewhere besides SoCal it would be there.
29. I don't want to live in MN.
30. I do want my family to be closer.
31. They won't move.
32. They did come to my wedding.
33. I wrote my own wedding vows.
34. I meant every word.
35. I have two friends here in Temecula.
36. I wish I had a few more.
37. I am moody.
38. I used to be very aggressive and argumentative.
39. I don't like how I sound when I am mad.
40. I worked really hard to tame my temper while I was in high school.
41. It still lurks under the surface.
42. I sucked my middle and ring fingers of my right hand when I was a baby.
43. When my mom told me it was time to stop, I did.
44. I like my toes.
45. I rarely wear polish of any kind.
46. In fact, I rarely wear any make-up at all.
47. I do use lotion.
48. Raspberry flavored is the best.
49. I root for the Mets when I think of baseball.
50. That isn't very often.
51. My cats are cuter than any other.
52. Sometimes they have bad dreams.
53. I had to weed the garden as a kid.
54. And pick beans.
55. I hated it and said I would never grow anything.
56. I grow tomatoes, watermelon, corn, peppers, flowers, and anything else I can manage not to kill.
57. I eat tomatoes in any way, shape or form except in spanish rice.
58. I also don't like the smell of Worchestershire sauce or Apple Cider Vinegar.
59. My dad used to have me gargle with ACV when I had a sore throat.
60. Ick. I would rather be sick.
61. My husband thinks that I am stubborn.
62. He is right.
63. However, I also know that you catch more flies with honey than you do apple cider vinegar.
64. I wrote and mailed my thank you cards promptly.
65. I have an infatuation with calendar organizers.
66. I buy a new one every August.
67. It is really hard for me to find one I like because so many of them start in January.
68. I will NOT buy one that starts in January.
69. I love children's books.
70. I just bought "The Wind in the Willows", "My Side of the Mountain", "Charlotte's Web" and "Harriet the Spy" at the library bookstore for $1.50.
71. I am a volunteer at the library bookstore.
72. My first day is next Tuesday.
73. I am facinated by autism.
74. I like to make lists.
75. Then I lose them.
76. I bought a wedding planner and didn't use it.
77. I love sunflowers and gerbera daisies.
78. My name means sun angel in French.
79. I am not French.
80. I am currently reading Orwell's "1984" and J.D.Robb's "Seduction in Death".
81. I am lazy.
82. I am also a compulsive cleaner.
83. That is a dangerous mix.
84. My dreams are easily interpreted and usually directly related to the stresses in my life.
85. I relate well to musical lyrics.
86. I once had a man cheat on me.
87. That was the second most painful thing I have ever been through.
88. Dealing with the divorces in my life is the first.
89. They both made me stronger.
90. I have worked as a telemarketer, a waitress, a deli clerk, a medical records clerk, a dishwasher and a teacher.
91. The only ones I was any good at were dishwashing and teaching.
92. I have felt betrayed by many of the men in my life.
93. I have rebuilt relationships with most of them.
94. The two people I trust most are my husband and my mother.
95. That doesn't mean I don't trust anyone else.
96. In fact, I leave myself very open and unprotected most of the time.
97. Sometimes that gets me hurt.
98. I don't regret it.
99. I watch too much TV.
100. I love to talk about myself.

Wow. That was fun. I could keep going, but I won't torture you. That took me...45 minutes...longer than I thought. Anything in there surprise you?

No comments: