Sunday, September 08, 2002

I hate flies. And that buzzing noise they make that means they are getting their disgusting little germs all over my house. It is fly season here in Temecula and it seems like they all hatched at once. In MY pepper tree. It is the biggest tree in my backyard and even from inside I can hear it HUM with flies. GROSS! The stupid things keep banging themselves up against my screen doors hoping to get inside. You can't go into the backyard without lettting a couple of them in. My poor plants have been very neglected out there because of this. I hate flies.

On a brighter note, I also have a mated pair of Mourning Doves that live in my backyard. This summer they nested and hatched a pair of babies. This morning the babies were apparently old enough to be tossed out of the nest, but not old enough to actually fly because they were waddling around on my back deck. Momma came down and was mobbed by the youngsters looking for lunch. She gave them a few moments of attention before taking off. I looked out later this afternoon and couldn't see them anywhere. Either they figured out how those wings work or they found a good hiding spot. Good thing because there are some mangy looking strays that wander thru from time to time.

No comments: