Saturday, September 07, 2002

You know how I said my dreams are most often clearly related to things I worry about during the day? How they are easily translated? Well, two examples...

One
A couple of nights ago, I had a dream about my dad. It was all wrapped up in a very long, very strange epic (how they usually are) but the thing I remember most was that when I first saw him he was walking around outside in one of those swimsuits with the skirt-like ruffle. It was black with white polka-dots. I remember thinking "That is just strange." But I decided that if that is what he wanted to do, then so be it. Later, I saw him again and he was wearing a milkmaid's outfit, complete with the long, blonde braids that belong on someone named "Hilda" or the like. Again, I thought it was very strange. And again, I wasn't embarrassed or upset or anything. I was just glad that he was happy. (Both times he was dancing and singing and having a good time.)

I'm sure you are all picturing my dad as a very wierd guy right now. He's not. But he has been unhappy and he has been doing things that I thought were very strange and unexplainable. However, I have apparently been coming to terms with things. I still don't understand what he is doing or why, but I know that he has the right to make whatever choices he makes and that it is more important for him to be comfortable than for me to understand.

Two
Night before last I had a dream that I was back in my old high school. I forget why. But for some reason I brought my big, fat kitty, Huzzah, with me. I knew he shouldn't be there, but I brought him anyway. At some point he started getting tired of me holding him. He was so frantic to get down that he was scratching and biting my arms. I finally had to let him go and he ran off. I had to go to a certain room and do some work for a teacher there. While I was working I looked out the window and saw Huzzah under the tree. He was lying on his back and sunning himself. I thought (like I do when he does this around the house) "Aww...how cute". A minute later I looked out again only to see him lying in the middle of the street. As I looked a car came up and ran him over. I started screaming and crying and being upset because I knew it was my fault since I brought him to school with me and then let him go. Suddenly there was a scene change and I was sitting in a bus, still crying. A couple of kids looked back and started to giggle. I thought they didn't understand and sobbed to them that someone had just run over my cat. They started to laugh and point at me. I was so upset I was nearly hysterical. At that point Mikey woke me up because I was moaning in my sleep. I was so freaked out by the dream that I had to find Huzzah and make sure he was okay before I could get back to sleep.

This dream happened because I have been feeling guilty about getting upset with Huzzah lately. He is unhappy with his diet and is acting out in strange ways. He keeps scratching the furniture (granted, that isn't so strange for a cat), going on my table, and attacking Zazzy (the other kitty) or eating her food. I keep having to holler at him and I have been worried that he is going to start avoiding me because of it. Last night, while I was reading he snuggled up next to me and patted me on the arm. I think we are okay! : )

No comments: