Saturday, September 14, 2002

My first day back in a classroom in 3 months was yesterday. I was actually a little nervous. I have been having a small crisis of faith in my ability to teach. However, the whole day went very well and I remember why I liked subbing. I am still hoping that some miraculous full time (heck, even 50% if it is my OWN class) position becomes available. We'll see. In the meantime I will be amused by other teachers' classes. Like yesterday, right before going out to pick the kids up from lunch recess I went to the bathroom. While there I looked to make sure my hair was okay and all that. When I got the kids inside, I commented on how they looked like they had fun and ran around in the sun. One of the boys said "You look like you ran around too. Your hair is messy." Ugh. Kids are so HONEST. The sad thing was, I thought it looked fine!

No comments: