Wednesday, September 18, 2002

I was moved to tears this morning by a moment in time. I was subbing in a wonderful little 2nd grade class and they were working on an independent project. There was the low murmur of voices and I was seriously in my "teacher mode". I finished answering someones question and as I turned to the next person it struck my just how much I love being in a room filled with eager young minds working. I was completely in my element. I couldn't be happier. (Unless I could get Mikey interested in teaching and team teach with him...) I was listening to the child's question and tears welled up in my eyes. It took me a moment to recover. I was overwhelmed with greatfulness at being allowed to do the thing I was meant to do. That has never happened to me in quite that way before. It was a wonderful experience.

No comments: