Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Movies from the Friday Five

1. What is the first movie you ever remember seeing? How old were you? What
I remember going to see ET in the theater. I was young...I don't know for sure how old. When did ET come out anyway? I went with my father and my Aunt Kate. My memorie of it is that I was very scared by some part, probably the guys in the HazMat suits chasing ET and Elliot at the end and my father had to take me out to the car while my aunt finished watching. To this day my thoughts of ET are colored by that. I have seen it many times since, but I always think of it as a scary movie and I hesitate to see it.

2. What is/are your favorite movie(s)? Briefly, tell us why.
Hmmm...there are so many good ones. I liked Signs, The Princess Bride, The Matrix, Dogma, Austin Powers, Sixth Sense, Big Daddy, and Steel Magnolias. As you can see...there are quite a few different genres there. A movie is enjoyable to me if it makes me laugh, makes me cry or makes me think. Or any combination of the three.

3. What movie character do you identify the most with? Why?
I have absolutely no idea. In just about any movie I can find someone to relate to, but I don't think I have a specific character who I identify with overall.

4. What was the best film adaptation of a book or something else you read?
I really liked the way they did Stephen King's "The Stand". I loved the book and I thought they did a really good job of keeping true to it. Especially with the characters. Most of them were exactly how I pictured them in my head! Otherwise, I usually prefer the book. For example, "The Princess Bride" is a wonderful, romantic fairy tale. The book is AMAZING tho. WAY better than the movie. That is how it usually goes.

5. What movie are you most looking forward to seeing this summer?
Well, summer is just about over! I was most looking forward to seeing "Signs" and when I did, I loved it. It was SCARY and very, very thought provoking. Mikey and I talked non-stop for hours about all the possible meanings behind different aspects of the story. One of the best movies I have seen lately. And it was the kind of scary that I like...lots and lots of build-up with very little actual scary stuff...you just KNOW that something bad is going to happen...and it does, but not for a loooooooong time! : ) Go see it, you'll see what I mean.

No comments: