Tuesday, September 10, 2002

*this was written last night and never posted...

I hate being sick. I dislike forced inactivity. If it is my choice to be lazy and do nothing, then great! If I can't do anything because I am incapable of standing up, not so great. This morning I was incapable of standing up. My stomache hurt so much all I could do was curl up in a fetal position. (Good thing it is still possible to read while in the fetal position or I would have been really miserable!) This went away by about lunchtime. My head hurt all day. Migraine kind of hurt where nothing could make it stop and sound were magnified and standing up too quickly made me want to throw up. Ugh. All day. This is something that happens to me for a couple days every month. I don't know about other women's migraines, but mine are very tied into my menses. Around dinner time, Mikey told me to take something (I normally just deal or sleep it off because I have seen how de-sensitized my mom has become to pain medication with her migraines and I am hoping to put that off as long as possible) and I am very glad that I did because at 6:05 I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to be babysitting two boys at 6:30. I had just enough time to change into presentable clothes and jump into my car! I am writing this after spending the evening with those two guys and I am feeling pretty good. Thank God for Aleve!

No comments: