Saturday, September 28, 2002

So things are all topsy turvey at my childhood home. Furniture that has been there all my life is now gone and things I've never seen before are moving in. Even tho I am not there and haven't been there in a while and even tho it isn't my home and even tho I have lived away from that houseful of furniture for many years only stopping by briefly now and again...I am still feeling sad at the change. I miss the old furniture and I am not sure I like the new furniture as much as Mom thinks I will/do/should. I'm sure it is wonderful furniture and I am sure that it will do it's best to fulfill its furniturial duties and make my mom's home a happier place for her. However, no matter how hard it tries it isn't the old furniture. The squeaks and nicks and little scratches are different. It fits differently and will probably make me stub my toes in the dark the first few times I am home. It will look and smell and sound and feel differently. I just don't know. I guess this new furniture will take some getting used to. I will give it a chance. I will get to know it better when I am home next. But it's fighting an uphill battle.

No comments: