Saturday, August 17, 2002

Dinner - Aug. 17 2002

Mikey and I have done it again. I don't know why it suprises me so much that we make kick-ass food. We do it consistently! I love it. Very few things in my life make me feel quite as good about myself as pulling off a good meal. I think I feel so good, because being able to cook is something that I respect in others. I love it that I am able to do it to.

Tonight we made tacos. I made the tortillas from scratch (actually very easy, but I made WAY more than we need and it took a long time to roll them out) and Mikey made salsa from our own tomatoes and peppers. He also cooked up a breast of chicken with a delicious mix of spices. I am sorry for the people who are so busy with other things that they don't get a chance to experiment and experience cooking because it is our favorite way to bond (well, almost! *wink, wink*). We love to talk about our day while we cook our evening meal.

No comments: