Thursday, August 22, 2002

I love to spend time with kids. They have such a fresh outlook on life. Everything is new and unusual and interesting. I really like when they come up with something deep and amazing out of the blue. The other day Kaitlyn, the little girl I am babysitting, stepped on a thistle and got a thorn stuck in her toe. I couldn't get it out and we decided she would have to let it work itself out. Later in the day she was upset because it was still hurting and she looked at me and asked, "Why does God let things hurt?" I was speechless. She had no idea that she was coming up against one of the biggest and most confusing theological questions ever discussed. She just wanted to know why she had a sticker in her big toe. All I could say was "That is a very good question, Kaitlyn and I don't think anyone in the world knows the answer." Kids are the coolest. Totally amazing.

No comments: