Tuesday, August 13, 2002

"He was the true man's man. And yet, with his love, he was melted butter. It was something to behold--the transformation that took place in the man around his love. Even moreso, was her response. As he "submitted" to her, she seemed intent on even further "submission.' It was like the most pleasant war you would ever want to see." JB on Hooked on Blogging

This is a very reassuring post to read. Being a newlywed, I am high on love, smitten, twitterpated. However, being the child of a couple of broken marriages, I know how ugly love can get as it fades away. I think that Mikey and I have a relationship like the one mentioned above. We have our own opinions and beliefs and desires, but we rarely fight. We give in to each other, respecting each other and wanting to know more, see more, feel more about the other. When I first met Mikey it was so quiet and peaceful I would wonder "Is this right? This isn't like the loud, firecracker love that I used to know." I used to be in a relationship in which each conversation was a match. You were the winner or the loser. You had to fight to keep your pride intact. Harmony was a rare and strange thing. I am used to it now and I revel in it. There is honesty and because of that occasionally hurt feelings or stepped on toes, but mostly there is respect. And love. I think we are going to do alright.

No comments: