Thursday, August 15, 2002

Okay. I am going to start really reading some of these informative articles that have everyone on Hooked talking so much. Wanting to be informed and involved is not enough. I have to do something about it. Being disgusted and terrified and confused by everything that I hear about state of the world today is not a valid excuse for avoiding the information. And refusing to listen to the jokers who read the tv news doesn't mean that I can't find a good radio station or look online or read a friggin' book, for crying out loud. When I was a kid I went to rallies and political events and felt like I was doing something. I want that again. I want to be able to tell my students to get out there and make a difference and not be a big, stupid, hypocritical fucktard (to borrow a phrase) while I do it.

No comments: