Thursday, August 01, 2002

I am totally infatuated with this island. We chose Kaua'i over the other islands so that we could get away from some of the crowds and touristy things (Hard Rock Cafe and the like) and see some of the really special things. We have thought about living here for some time now and being here is just making me more interested in that. I love the mountains and the ocean and the green and the little lizards and the adorable little shacks that serve up the best fish burgers and the winding roads. Being here really has an effect on me...even clock driven, ultra organized me...there is no need to hurry because nothing is all that far away and it will all still be there when you finally show up. We drove around for 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot at the snorkling beach we finally chose. This would normally have be climbing the walls, but it didn't matter. I was greatful for the chance to go past the beautiful scenery we saw the first time around! I wish we were going to be here for a longer time so that we would have time to really explore the inner island...the hidden streams and secrets. We looked at some real estate pamphlets while we were driving. $500,000 would get us a bunch of land and a huge house on the coast. And all we want is a cozy little place and the sound of the surf. I'm gonna start saving as soon as I get home! : )

No comments: