Thursday, August 15, 2002

For the sake of us all I will write the rest of my posts as if one side of my face weren't made out of senseless, unfeeling rubber. : )

Last night we put up some of our shelves. We are totally inept at even the most basic of home improvement tasks. Mikey's dad is going to be appalled. But, we have shelves and they are capable of holding things. For now. My dad always made finding studs so easy. A little tap, tap here. A little tap, tap there. Voila! Stud found. Not so. I tapped until my knuckles were swollen and still couldn't find the damn things. We got lucky for a couple of the shelves and managed to screw into something fairly substantial (probably something that shouldn't be screwed into), but for the little ones they are pretty much held up by the sheetrock. Whatever. They are strong enough to hold the little knicknacks I wanted to get off the dresser. Good enough. Aren't you all shocked and horrified by my lazy and sloppy workmanship? You should be!

No comments: