Thursday, August 01, 2002

I stand on the lanai looking out as far as I can see. The pale blue of the sky and the indigo of the water make a crisp line. I can't help but compare it to my recent marriage. It stretches out in front of me, long and beautiful and a bit overwhelming. At the moment, the surface of the water is calm and the sky above is filled with fluffy, harmless clouds. But I know that it is not always that way, the water will become choppy, the sky will darken and the wind will blow cool and sharp. Altho these days make me want to climb into bed and pull up the covers, I know that they eventually end. I am greatful for them because they give me a new appreciation for the calm and beauty of the ocean between storms. I stand on the lanai today and imagine the storm, rejoicing that the sun is out and the sea is peaceful.

No comments: