Wednesday, August 14, 2002

Today I went to Home Depot to get what I needed to make myself some shelves for this house. I am running out of counter space in my kitchen and we want to make a way for the kitties to get to the top of the bookshelves. They like it up there. Anyway, I measured where I wanted them to be and then let go of my pride long enough to ask two high school boys to help me. They must have thought I was a complete dimwit because I had to ask so many questions...what kind of wood?...what kind of screws?...how to I make them stable?...what size bracket should I use?...and so on. They train their kids well at Home Depot, though, neither of them even twitched at my complete lack of knowledge. How greatful I was!! : ) Now I have the wood (cut to my measurements by another polite high school boy), the brackets and the screws. All I have to do is find the studs in various walls and put them up. Yikes. We really love our house and have lots of ideas, but neither of us in any good at home improvement type things. This is my feeble attempt at filling that gap! Wish me luck!

No comments: