Thursday, August 22, 2002

y cats are cool. They are both so full of personality.

Huzzah thinks he is in charge and sometimes needs to be reminded that he isn't. He picks on the little one (altho I think often she started it without us noticing) and I need to re-establish myself as The Boss. He likes to be able to do whatever he wants and gets upset with whatever is standing in his way in a 4 year old kind of way. The other day I was blocking him from climbing onto my bedside table and he smacked me with his paw (no claws - just saying "but I wanna!"). He is a habitual overeater and wishes we would let him go outside to establish his dominance over the other males in the neighborhood. Huzzah is quite demanding about his affection as well. He is always climbing onto our laps and patting our faces for attention. He is pretty high maintenence - a cat diva.

Zazzy is the exact opposite. Altho she seems to like us, she is very independent. She is often found curled up in some corner, not at all interested in what the people are doing. The only times she directly initiates communication is when she wants something...food, help onto the highest shelf or someone to play with. She likes to play catch with clear plastic caps off a certain brand of water bottles (only that brand will do) but she doesn't fetch. She also likes to chase bubbles. She thinks she can pop them with her mind by staring at them intensely. She is my kind of cat...sweet, adorable, able to take care of herself!

I adore them both. They are the best kitties in the world and I have them. I am one lucky person!!!

No comments: