Friday, August 02, 2002

How is it that the water here is so much more beautiful than anywhere else? This is the same ocean we see off the Cali shores, but it is not so green and charming there, somehow.

Today was overcast and it sprinkled a bit now and then. We were on a hike inland to a waterfall and enjoyed the feel of the rain on our overheated bodies. I got to stand right under a waterfall and feel it beat down on me. Cleansing. This whole island is so spiritual. It is so easy to live in the now when the now is so beautiful. Now to stock up on the serenity that I feel here and keep it to bring it out during those Temecula traffic jams.

I ate the most delicious seafood linguine today...multi-colored noodles slathered with a rich cream and garlic sauce surrounded by shrimp, scallops, mussels and fish. Yum. I am tired from the hike and stuffed from the dinner and pretty much as happy as a clam at high tide. Aaahhhh.

No comments: