Saturday, August 23, 2003

For the third night in a row I woke up at approximately 3:30 with ideas and plans and lists and fears running through my head. On the previous nights I laid in bed until my frantic mind finally wore itself out and I returned to slumber for at least a few hours. My mind was having none of that last night. At 4:45 I finally decided that it would be better to utilize all the awake time I have. After all, I can take a nap this afternoon if I make use of the mid-night hours, right? Riiiight. But it was enough to convince me to get up and finish my class website. (I mentioned it to a parent the other night, so there's no backing out now!)

It is now 6:30 and I have the whole thing pretty much put together. I am still working on the FAQ page, but since there have been very few Q's so far I'm not all that worried. I keep meaning to ask of the other 4th and 5th grade teachers have websites. I suspect not many do.

Today I am going to:
- visit the dollar store to get all kinds of cheap storage containers
- visit the teacher store to get a record book and whatever other fun goodies I can afford
- visit JoAnn Fabrics to buy more ribbon for my bulletin board boarders (who knew those spools were so short?)
- put away everything in my room in an organized (hence the storage containers) fashion
- finish my supply order form
- set up the second computer (one from home) in my class
- get my schedule finalized (as much as possible)
- work on planning

I best get started.

No comments: