Sunday, August 31, 2003

Odds and Ends

I was inspired by my cousin Amy's post last night. I, too, cooked a yummy vegetarian squash dish. Acorn Squash with Onion and Apple Saute'. It's quick and easy (microwaved the whole thing). It didn't go over well with Mikey (too sweet for him) but I sure liked it. I think I will have leftovers tonight.

I met the parent of one of my students in the grocery store a few minutes ago. It was a little eerie to hear a total stranger call me by name, but that is something I am going to have to get used to! He seemed very nice and sounded eager to help out in the classroom. That is always a good sign.

Happy Birthday X 2!!!
Despite the chaos in my life I remembered to call my father and wish him a happy birthday. It was also my stepmother's birthday recently. Since the birthday excitement consisted of having a garage sale I am forced to suggest that they go do something a little more celebratory. Live it up!!! You guys sounded WAY too laid back. :) I am thrilled about the new coffee table, though!

No comments: