Sunday, August 10, 2003

I can only assume that Blogger just ate this evening's much expanded oneword post as a sign from a being more knowledgable than myself. I was typing along, feeling quite proud of myself for being inspired to write so much beyond my original 60 second's worth when suddenly it was gone. Sent to a deep, dark hole - hell for the written word - from which even Mikey couldn't save it. Obviously, someone or something felt the need to save me from utter humiliation and loss of face. Rather than cursing that someone (or something) with every nasty word I have ever heard and some that are made up on the spot, I will take a deep breath, give thanks and go on with my life. As soon as I can unclench my teeth.

In the meantime, here's the original 60 seconds. I am not going to try to re-write the rest. I will say that it was several short paragraphs more and I thought it was, if not good, at least readable. Obviously the universe disagrees.


"I almost got some yardwork done today," she said with a smile. "Instead I read a book and pet the cat. I guess my yard can wait. I needed a break." He laugh(ed and threw a cherry pit in her direction. "What could you need a break from?")

No comments: