Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I love reading stories that remind me why I don't want kids. These poor people. I bet they used to be able to go out to dinner and have a quiet, romantic meal, including dessert*. Like I can whenever I want. I bet they used to have relatively clean houses that stayed clean until they, themselves, messed it up*. Like I do. I bet they used to go on vacations to fun, exciting places that did not include kiddie meals, kiddie rides or kiddie movies unless they wanted them to*. Our vacations always include kiddie stuff, but only because WE choose it. I would even go so far as to bet that these people used to be able to have grown up, deep, philosophical discussions with their significant others whenever they wanted*. We could if we wanted to.

I do, indeed, have The Life.**

* This is not trying to say that the life these people have chosen are in any way bad or undesirable. For them. I am just saying a brief moment of thanks that I chaos I can handle, as opposed to chaos that would leave me huddled in a corner, sobbing and muttering under my breath in a few short days. Bless all of you grownups who can handle kids on a 24/7 basis. You have my undying respect and gratitude.

** This also does not mean that there aren't a few things that I am a little envious of.

Thanks to Gut Rumbles, A Small Victory, Raising Hell, Being Daddy, Moody Mama, MomBrain, and all the other parents out there for the stories.

No comments: